This distinct Italianate three-story brownstone was designed by Architect James B. Ayres (HayHouse) for Dr. George W. Emerson in 1859, where it was used as dental offices for over 80years. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. The Griffith FamilyFoundation purchased the building in order to renovate it for their foundation offices, familygathering space, and a private pied-à-terre for Mr. & Mrs. Griffith. In order to accommodatethe needs of its owners, a full-height addition was designed and constructed to contain anelevator for the residence, building services, and a private entrance for the foundation. A deckspace was restored and expanded, including a balcony serving the residence.