The Grand Opera House was been a regional entertainment anchor since its earliest expansion in 1904 and has been preserved by the tremendous efforts of Macon Arts Council and a continuing commitment under the leadership of Mercer University. The latest iteration included phased renovations to meet an ever-increasing demand for programming:
- Phase 1 – Complete renovation of seating, flooring and backstage infrastructure
- Phase 2 – Relocation/expansion of administrative offices
- Phase 3 – Gut rehab of lobby, restrooms, Encore Room and Reception Room
This project was awarded an Excellence in Rehabilitation Award from The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.