Dublin’s recent renaissance continues with the renovation and adaptive reuse of these two new combined structures. The ground floor of both the Corker (ca. 1898) and Kingfisher (ca. 1903) buildings had been abandoned or underutilized commercial retail space prior to being retrofitted into modern office suites. The upper floors were completed as elegant loft apartments, overlooking downtown Dublin’s burgeoning streetscape, spacious courtyard park and alley revitalization. A new elevator and exit stairway were created where crumbling portions of a later addition once stood. This project utilized Georgia and Federal Historic Tax Credits. It was awarded an Excellence in Historic Preservation as well as the Chairman’s Award from the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
Awards: Excellence in Rehabilitation and Chairman’s Award, Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation