Originally constructed in 1857, this three-story classic brick building had sat vacant for many years. In order to reimagine the upper floors into loft apartments, our design team researched and revived the location of a second stair from the building’s second floor to Mulberry Street. Historic trim, casing, fireplaces, doors and transoms were restored to maintain the character of the corridors and apartments, while providing modern conveniences. This project utilized Georgia and Federal Historic Tax Credits. It was awarded the Thad E. Murphey President’s Choice Award by Historic Macon Foundation.
Awards: Thad E. Murphey President’s Choice Award, Historic Macon Foundation.