Among the generally 2 and 3-story downtown buildings in Dublin, the former 1920 era First National Bank building is a 7-story skyscraper. Occupied only by pigeons for the last 20 years, the building has sat vacant and neglected. With inspiration, dedication, and hard work, the Downtown Development Authority and City of Dublin were able to team with a private investor to resurrect and renovate the building to its former splendor. Original marble, terrazzo, wood, and plaster have been carefully restored, and the building is now home to a cafe and bookstore at the lobby and mezzanine levels, 3 floors of Georgia Military College classrooms, and 2 floors of offices. The project was certified by the National Park Service to receive Historic Tax Credits. After renovations were completed, the project was selected for a 2016 Preservation Award for Excellence in Rehabilitation by The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.